Physics/light polarity

Question
Hey, just playing with ideas, can you point me out where im wrong please :)
so what im wondering about is moving faster than the speed of light by synthesizing a chemical that when struck (probably at right angles) by light (or photons because you need the energy for movement?) will react by moving the chemical (object) in a direction? the light (or photons) could be focused through a first layer of material so all light is reaching the chemical from the same direction, then have a 2nd layer made of hexagonal shaped filters to sort the light into useful wavelengths for varying polarity between particle speed? this could cover a ship that would probably have to be designed in a shape to fit the antinodes of whatever waves are created at light speed plus.

Ah so yeah i can see some holes in it haha but food for thought and do you see where im coming from? do you think there could be an answer in there? i guess my thought pattern is why use light to make electricity to power our things when we could potentially use the light directly as power?

I know this isnt a very serious question and ive made you a bit of an essay to read, but i would really appreciate some feed back, even just hypothetical!

Answer
Hello Fraser,

I'm sorry but your question is not clear to me. Do you suggest that this chemical (object) will achieve a velocity greater than c when struck by light? And if this chemical (object) coats a ship, then the ship could achieve a speed greater than c? I don't think so.

I tried to search for the phrase you chose for the subject: light polarity. I got discussions about polarization, about the Optical Revolution that occurred 170 years ago, about Heart & Soul Healing's Use of Clear Light, about polarity of lenses, and some other stuff that I couldn't comprehend.

You may be on the trail of something important, but I can't understand.

Sorry,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson