Physics/Image formation at the retina

Question
if our eye forms an inverted image how do we see things erect?

Answer
While this is a biology question, I understand.  We process information as we see it and get used to it.  It's code in an incredibly complex computer that doesn't know (aside from experience of what falls when dropped) what is "up."  There's no inherent "up" or "down" preserved in the brain, it takes a long time just to learn left from right (which is a little more fundamental).  Therefore, the impulses don't care which direction is up, we process what we see as "normal."  It's like learning to shave in a mirror, really, you learn a skill and to process the world based on what you see.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson