Physics/gasses at variable temperature relationship

is it right to say "an increase in the gas pressure, will cause an increase in the gas volume, and will result an increase in the gas density and vice versa at the variable gas temperature only"?.

Hello Ali,

Edited, see 2-3 lines up from the bottom

I am not sure if I am reading your question correctly. If the first part of your question is:
'is it right to say "an increase in the gas pressure, will cause an increase in the gas volume, and will result an increase in the gas density', my answer is not always.

Consider why there was an increase in the gas pressure. It could have been because the gas was heated. Or it could have been because more gas was pumped in. Would the volume increase? It could, if the container is such that the volume can increase. (An example would be if the gas is in a container described as follows: The container is a hollow vertical cylinder which is closed on the bottom and which has a piston on the top that can slid up and down to balance the upward force of the pressure. Equilibrium is formed between the upward force of the pressure and the downward force of the weight of the piston plus the downward force of a spring that is being compressed as the piston rises.) But the volume would not increase if the gas is in a rigid container.

Another possible reason for there to be an increase in the gas pressure: perhaps the volume of the container was caused to decrease by some outside means.

I am sorry, I can not understand the vice versa part of your question. Perhaps I did not understand the first part well either, I invite you to try to rewrite your question and send a followup.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University