Physics/Quantum size effect

As for the smallest gos tracker.
I understand there are alot of restrictions.
1. Heat sink
The dimention of 2cm hair sized chip is too small for a proper heat sink.

2. Enough current..
Because of litation of size of circuit, if we input more current or voltage for running gps tracker, chip would be burn.

3. If we make it more small, there must be quantum suze effect...

An I right?

In my point of view, because of the nano tech... making all parts in small is not impossible.. but making all parts together in small materials is not differet...
Thank you very much.

I answered this, but it appears that it didn't I'll try again.

1) No, tiny scales mean cooling is not an issue due to the high surface/volume ratio.
2) The power source is more of an issue here for a transmitter that you appear to be talking about.
3) Quantum effects take over at orders of magnitude smaller length scales than you're talking about (nanometers), so don't worry about those.

The real problem here is that you're asking about a GPS tracker, and appear to be implying an active transmitter.  If you have an active transmitter, then it doesn't have to use GPS, so you can make it really tiny.  In theory, mm length scales are not out of the question if you can attach it to an antenna, because you don't need a GPS chip or any GPS function to be able to triangulate from a simple radio burst pinging transmitter.  If you're talking about something that calculates and sends data to a satellite, of course that's ridiculously tiny for something that needs that much size and power...but a transmitter doesn't even need any digital circuitry, an analog radio burst could be tracked easily with the right radio receivers.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.