Physics/Resonance of sound

Question
Dear Dr.Nelson,

I am a student of 10th grade and was going through a book with solved answers. A question was asked which is as follows:

With which of the following frequencies does a tuning fork of 256Hz resonate?288Hz,314Hz,333Hz,512Hz.
The answer is given 512Hz. But here I am a bit confused. According to our theory book "resonance occurs only if the frequency of another sound is exactly equal to the natural frequency of the vibrating body". As I understand 512Hz is but an integral multiple of 216Hz. Please help me out.

Answer
The statement in your books is incomplete, in that it should have said "a multiple of the natural frequency of the vibrating body."  The word multiple is missing.  If you draw in multiple standing waves, you can see it.  http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/waves/standw.html

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson