Physics/Conservation Laws

E=MC^ and matter can be converted..does this not violate the conservation and matter cannot be created nor destroyed?
Are there other instances where energy and matter are created and/or in nuclear fission or fusion or anti matter interaction?

Tq Sir!

No, this does not violate the conservation laws.  In fact, it IS the conservation law, that you can only convert one to another, and that there's an exact conversion factor.  There are no known instances (don't think we're not looking hard, that would be impressive physics!) where the net amount of matter/energy in a system is created or destroyed, not even by a little bit.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.