Physics/Conservation Laws

Question
Sir,

E=MC^2..energy and matter can be converted..does this not violate the conservation laws..energy and matter cannot be created nor destroyed?
Are there other instances where energy and matter are created and/or destroyed..like in nuclear fission or fusion or anti matter interaction?

Tq Sir!

Answer
No, this does not violate the conservation laws.  In fact, it IS the conservation law, that you can only convert one to another, and that there's an exact conversion factor.  There are no known instances (don't think we're not looking hard, that would be impressive physics!) where the net amount of matter/energy in a system is created or destroyed, not even by a little bit.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson