Physics/Leclanche cell function

Electrolyte is ammonium chloride solution two electrodes are Zinc andcarbon.

I canoot understand these sentence please elaborate me. At the Zinc rod the atoms get ionised and pass in to the solution as Z++ ions.

Pls. vivid me which atom get ionised that is ammonium chloride or Zinc or both and it is written as Z++ ions why two positivie charges are given and Zinc is a negative electrode why it dissolves positive ion. what is the name of the positive ion.

This is a chemistry question, I am a physicist.  However, all the detail on zinc-carbon batteries can be found here:  The zinc is the negative electrode because it gives two electrons (its valence electrons) to the circuit.  The zinc itself must become positive to conserve electrical charge.  It's just a zinc ion in the 2+ state.  I'm not sure what more nuance you might want aside from the complete list of chemical reactions, but perhaps a chemist could help more.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.