Physics/Leclanche cell function

Question
Sir,

Electrolyte is ammonium chloride solution two electrodes are Zinc andcarbon.

I canoot understand these sentence please elaborate me. At the Zinc rod the atoms get ionised and pass in to the solution as Z++ ions.

Pls. vivid me which atom get ionised that is ammonium chloride or Zinc or both and it is written as Z++ ions why two positivie charges are given and Zinc is a negative electrode why it dissolves positive ion. what is the name of the positive ion.

Answer
This is a chemistry question, I am a physicist.  However, all the detail on zinc-carbon batteries can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc%E2%80%93carbon_battery#Chemical_reactions  The zinc is the negative electrode because it gives two electrons (its valence electrons) to the circuit.  The zinc itself must become positive to conserve electrical charge.  It's just a zinc ion in the 2+ state.  I'm not sure what more nuance you might want aside from the complete list of chemical reactions, but perhaps a chemist could help more.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson