Physics/Magnetic Fields

1)Energy, momentum etc are conserved,,is magnetism and electricity also conserved?

I cannot put my hand through the wall because of the electromagnetic effects of the wall's and my hand's atoms/molecules...I can understand the electric effects due to the electric charges, but where does the magnetic part play a part?

Electric charge is conserved.  Field is not.  Magnetic charges have never been observed.  The effects of your hand touching the wall are, indeed electrostatic in nature.  Magnetic fields come into play in other situations, where you have magnetic fields and currents, as well as the local interaction of certain materials...but that is an extremely complex subject.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.