Physics/Speed

Question
Dear Dr. Nelson,
Hello! My name is Belle and I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem. I tend to confuse myself a little. So a measure of how fast something is moving is speed, correct? So, for example, 75 miles per hour would be a speed because it is a measure of how fast an object is moving? Thank you for your time!

Answer
Yes, you have it correct, as far as the question goes.  Did you have more to ask with this question, or was the explanation like I sometimes explained to my college students (that "sometimes, it's just as simple as you think, so try not to overthink").

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson