Physics/Help

Question
Hello sir

Sir i just want to know that we have eyes but without light we can't see with eyes then if light is not there if we just imagine then we can't see. Then how this statement is true which is thought for us when are in 2nd standard i.e eyes help us to see.

Sir please explain this also clearly and in lucid and esay way.

Answer
Seeing is a physical process involving a chemical reaction and change in our eyes due to the light, which is then converted by our cells into electrical signals.  These signals are then interpreted in the brain.  The particles of light (photons) must be absorbed to cause this process to happen.  Therefore, without light we cannot see.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson