Physics/Help

Question
Hello sir

According to defination of friction--> The force that opposes the motion of an object is called friction but while interlocking there is no force between two surfaces then how any force opposes the motion because whlie friction acts thses is an interlocking then how any force can oppose

I hope you understood my question , sir i know thisis irritative to you but please try to explain.

Answer
I don't I'm clear on what you mean by "interlocking."  Of course there are forces between interlocking surfaces.  They're response forces that keep everything from moving. They come about in response to external forces pushing on the interlocking objects.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson