What is the difference between latex and natural rubber? And are there rubbers similar in texture as latex? I purchased a latex mattress topper and it is very comfortable, however I know some people are allergic and was wondering if similar materials exist.

Hello James,

I did not know the answer to your question, so I did a search [difference between latex and natural rubber]. I got some websites that cover that question thoroughly. Rather than rewrite what they said, I will give you a list.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University