Physics/Centrifugal force

-Considering a centrifuge on earth that rotates at a particular speed; it would be producing certain centrifugal force.
Will the same centrifuge rotating at the same speed produce the same centrifugal force if it were to be used in outer space (zero gravity) or moon?

-Does acceleration due to gravity play any role in the centrifugal force developed by the body?

The centrifuge part will produce the same force on whatever you are centrifuging in it.  However, the total force would have to also account for the gravitational force.  They're separate, but they add up.

No, the gravitational force plays no role in the centripetal motion or the forces required to keep the objects involved moving in that way.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.