Physics/Hypothetical question

If the temperature turned to 1 trillion degrees for 1 trillionth of a second, would stuff be vaporized or nothing would happen or something in-between?
Also, how can you figure this out?

OK, so there are a couple of things about this question.  If you have a temperature of a trillion degrees, you have molecules in motion at velocities that give them the equivalent energy.  So even in tiny amounts of time, everything would be "vaporized."  However, since you're talking about a trillionth of a second, you are implying the time it takes for light to travel 1 millimeter.  I'm not sure what energy transfer mechanism you're proposing, but that physical system doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.