Physics/Hypothetical question

Question
If the temperature turned to 1 trillion degrees for 1 trillionth of a second, would stuff be vaporized or nothing would happen or something in-between?
Also, how can you figure this out?

Answer
OK, so there are a couple of things about this question.  If you have a temperature of a trillion degrees, you have molecules in motion at velocities that give them the equivalent energy.  So even in tiny amounts of time, everything would be "vaporized."  However, since you're talking about a trillionth of a second, you are implying the time it takes for light to travel 1 millimeter.  I'm not sure what energy transfer mechanism you're proposing, but that physical system doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson