Physics/Typewriter reengineering.

Dear Prof Steve

Is it technically feasible to reenginnering the Typewriter device by supporting all colours printing on the paper?.

Hello word to be printed in Red color.

The Typewriter device user will select the red pen color keys for the characters H,e,l,l,o for striking.

Hello Prashant,

Of course most computer systems would do that. But I assume you are talking about the old machine that has keys that fly up and whack the paper with an inked ribbon between key and paper. I have seen ribbons that are half red/half black (and also third red/third black/third white). The ribbon position was shifted as needed to have the right color applied to the paper. But you are talking about much more flexibility on color.

Technically it could be done. It would be much more complicated, and no one would buy it because their computer will do it so much more cheaply and easily.

Have a good day,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University