Physics/Fan installation in Smartphone.

Dear Prof Steve

Is it feasible to install Heat sink fan in Smartphone device?.

If yes,will there be advantages?.

Hello Prashant,

Feasible? I doubt that there is any wasted space in there, so it would have to get larger. Given that it would get larger, of course it is feasible.

Advantageous? I have never heard anything about them having an overheat problem, so I can't see any advantage in a fan. If you have heard of such a problem, then maybe.

I hope this helps,

Steve Johnson

I would be delighted to help with questions up through the first year of college Physics. Particularly Electricity, Electronics and Newtonian Mechanics (motion, acceleration etc.). I decline questions on relativity and Atomic Physics. I also could discuss the Space Shuttle and space flight in general.

I have a BS in Physics and an MS in Electrical Engineering. I am retired now. My professional career was in Electrical Engineering with considerable time spent working with accelerometers, gyroscopes and flight dynamics (Physics related topics) while working on the Space Shuttle. I gave formal classroom lessons to technical co-workers periodically over a several year period.

BS Physics, North Dakota State University
MS Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University