Physics/help

Question
Hello sir

Sir why anything which changes its position with respect to its immidiate surroundings is called motion.

Sir i asked this smae question to my teacher, she told it is just defination, then in reality,if any object changes its position with respect to its surroundings is not called the person or object is in motion.

Answer
Hello Aishwarya,

Motion is the word we use to describe how a person or object managed to change its position with respect to its immediate surroundings. So I guess I also am saying that it is just a definition.

I think I disagree with your last sentence. Perhaps I don't understand this part of it:
"in reality,if any object changes its position with respect to its surroundings is NOT (caps mine) called the person or object is in motion".
It seems that you are saying the object is not, or was not, in motion. Because I would say it IS, or was, in motion if the object changes its position with respect to its surroundings.

I hope this helps,
Steve  

Physics

Steve Johnson