Physics/help

Question
GM Sir

Sir if anything which have mass and which occupy space is called matter and everything around us is called matter, all substances, things air have their own names on basis of their structure and properties for eg carrot, it contains all the nutrients which helps in development and it is named a food on basis of its contents and usefull for development of body  and it is also a matter only, then if they have named on basis of their structure and then why they have named on basis of  having mass and occupying states.

Answer
There's no conflict here, so I'm going to be done answering this question.  Matter is a general term.  For example, I am a mammal.  I am also a human being.  I am also a physicist, and a man.  I am made of matter.  That's a lot of words, but each is accurate.  Just because things are made of matter doesn't take away from the structure of those things.  It's just a general term, a word.  Like all words, it's a human construction to describe something.  I'm not sure what you think the word "matter" takes away from the word "carrot," just by existing.  It doesn't take anything away from the word carrot at all.

Please stop asking me this question and consult a philosopher and/or a linguist.  

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson