GM Sir

Sir if anything which have mass and which occupy space is called matter and everything around us is called matter, all substances, things air have their own names on basis of their structure and properties for eg carrot, it contains all the nutrients which helps in development and it is named a food on basis of its contents and usefull for development of body  and it is also a matter only, then if they have named on basis of their structure and then why they have named on basis of  having mass and occupying states.

There's no conflict here, so I'm going to be done answering this question.  Matter is a general term.  For example, I am a mammal.  I am also a human being.  I am also a physicist, and a man.  I am made of matter.  That's a lot of words, but each is accurate.  Just because things are made of matter doesn't take away from the structure of those things.  It's just a general term, a word.  Like all words, it's a human construction to describe something.  I'm not sure what you think the word "matter" takes away from the word "carrot," just by existing.  It doesn't take anything away from the word carrot at all.

Please stop asking me this question and consult a philosopher and/or a linguist.  

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.