Physics/Maxwell's Eqns

Question
Sir,

When do we use the Integral form and when do we use the Differential when applying  Maxwell's Eqns. Are there any other form besides this two versions?

Thank You.

Answer
Since they're essentially the same thing, you use whichever form is necessary to solve the problem at hand.  You can rewrite them in other forms as shorthand, but the physics is all the same.  I mean, you can write it out with tensors something like what you find here: https://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/Class/phy319/phy319/node135.html but that doesn't change the fundamental physics.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson