Physics/Maxwell's Eqns

When do we use the Integral form and when do we use the Differential when applying  Maxwell's Eqns. Are there any other form besides this two versions?

Thank You.

Since they're essentially the same thing, you use whichever form is necessary to solve the problem at hand.  You can rewrite them in other forms as shorthand, but the physics is all the same.  I mean, you can write it out with tensors something like what you find here: but that doesn't change the fundamental physics.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.