Physics/regarding universe

Why do some scientists claim that the universe is flat. Also I read that Hubble himself did not believe that universe is expanding, is it true?

I'm not going to say that responsible scientists believe that the universe is flat.  However, we do believe that space doesn't have any substructure based on gamma measurements from the Fermi space telescope (which I was only peripherally involved in holding the occasional solder wire in the calorimeter, but follow the results of).  We also believe that the universe is both expanding and accelerating as it expands.  Beliefs in other matters are a subject for a science historian, perhaps.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.