Physics/regarding universe

Question

Why do some scientists claim that the universe is flat. Also I read that Hubble himself did not believe that universe is expanding, is it true?

Regards.

Answer
I'm not going to say that responsible scientists believe that the universe is flat.  However, we do believe that space doesn't have any substructure based on gamma measurements from the Fermi space telescope (which I was only peripherally involved in holding the occasional solder wire in the calorimeter, but follow the results of).  We also believe that the universe is both expanding and accelerating as it expands.  Beliefs in other matters are a subject for a science historian, perhaps.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson