Physics/DON'T TOUCH ME

Question
(This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact if someone rubs their feet on carpet and then they touch something else, that person can get an electric shock?

If it is a fact, would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: how can that happen?

Answer
Your shoes and carpet are made of different substances, which have different molecular structures and grab onto electrons with different strengths. One will collect more electrons. If your body collects more or fewer electrons, it will acquire an electric charge. That buildup of charge is similar to what happens in thunderclouds, just smaller. Therefore, someone who scrapes their shoes/socks across the carpet can zap you with little lightning bolts.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson