Physics/Heat

Question
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2013/dec/09/new-generator-creates-elect

Could this more powerful TE generator be used to reduce heat in a room or just extreme heats from factory equipment. Personally I like the idea of getting free electric during the hot summer when the air conditioner would be on all the time.

Answer
While you understand what it does, it's not applicable (given the temperature differences necessary to drive it) for what you're thinking of.  And of course, it could never convert heat flow into electricity efficiently enough to just cool your house and extract electricity, that would violate the third law of thermodynamics in a way that I definitely don't see this being a way around as some sort of "new approach."

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson