As a boy, I am told that a red sky at night is a shepherd's delight. A red sky in the morning is a Shepherd's this true..what is the Physics behind it?

This is a question for a meteorologist than a physicist.  Red skies due to the setting or rising sun can help indicate that the sky over that horizon is clear of cloud cover, since the sunlight will have more atmosphere to travel through and get filtered down to a red color.  That would indicate that   That's about all the meteorology I know of it. You can read more here:

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.