Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/R.S. Howard Upright Piano

Linda wrote at 2009-03-08 03:41:57
You are not missing a number.

Your serial # falls between 1905 and 1910, just like mine.

Steve wrote at 2009-08-27 23:25:09
I too have one of that era.  I noticed that one of the pedals has the date of 1907 forged or imprinted in it.  Could that be the key to dating the serial numbers?  I haven't looked at it for some time but will look in a few days if I can raise it.  I will follow-up to confirm what I find.

Haus wrote at 2010-01-11 21:09:18
I also have been given a R.S. Howard Co., New York  upright piano, the number is 43627, i would like more info on it and its age.  

The Sanch wrote at 2012-11-14 21:13:17
Correction to the previous answer stating that this is a Howard (Baldwin) Piano.

From antiquepianos.com:

"The R.S. Howard Piano Company (not to be confused with the Howard [Baldwin] Piano Company) was established in 1902 in New York City. R.S. Howard pianos were built by the Jansen Piano Company, and they built good quality pianos during the first quarter of the 20th Century. R.S. Howard went out of business in 1932 due to the Great Depression."  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Chuck Williamson

I can answer questions about playing the Piano, keyboard, and organ, keyboard technique, transposition, modulation, and general music theory. I can answer questions about giving piano lessons and preparing for piano lessons. I can't answer questions about valuations of musical instruments or determining year of manufacture.

I've been a pianist for over 35 years, and have played organ for over 15 years. I have extensive experience in public solo performance, group performance and improvisation. Most of my experience is in classical music although I enjoy playing jazz.

I took piano lessons from second grade through my first year of college. I've been a church pianist for over thirty years.