Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Pennington Upright Piano

Vickelle wrote at 2014-05-10 12:14:26
I also own a Pennington.  I was told by the seller (original owner) that Pennington was Macy's own brand of Pianos, back in the days that they sold instruments. My seller said they purchased it at Macys.  I paid $900 for mine, and I have seen others selling in that range in very very good condition.

Lisa wrote at 2015-01-24 16:17:41
I also have Pennington Piano in my home that I got from a neighbor when she moved.  I lifted up the top of the piano to find that it has a "Made exclusively for Macy's" plaque inside and also a 5 digit number stamped into a medal piece in the center back "40456".   It also has a little plaque to the left that reads "Made in America by American Craftsman".   On the back right top side there is info hand scratched in that reads, "YY, 0510100, 7461".  (If you open up the top of your Piano, there is info inside)  Next...to find out what it all means.  Does anybody out there know?

Matt Redman wrote at 2015-09-07 22:40:13
Piano Manufacturing

Aug 1824 Smyrna, Duck Creek Hundred, Kent Co., DE

John H. Pennington advertised that he had commenced the manufacture of "Piano Fortes" in Smyrna. History of Delaware : 1609-1888 by John Thomas Scharf, p. 1106.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Richard Galassini

I have 2 degrees in music, have been involved in sales, service, appraisel, and rebuilding and I own one of the oldest and most respected rebuilding firms in the USA, Cunningham Piano Company. To learn more, visit www.cunninghampiano.com I am happy to help with any questions regarding acoustic pianos. This includes questions regarding value, service, maintenance, rebuilding, appraisel, and pricing.

I am an active performing musician who has worked in service, sales, management, and ownership of one of the United States oldest and most respected piano companies, Cunningham Piano Company.

- Piano Technicians Journal, Dec. 1990 - "The Soundboard", 2009, 2010 - 15 years active participant on The Piano Forum (www.pianoworld.com/forum)

- BM, Music Education, Temple University, Philadelphia - BM, Music Performance, Temple University, Philadelphia - Maintain a relationship that includes training, consultation, and technology exchange with manufacturers including Bosendorfer, Mason & Hamlin, Estonia, and others. - Been through all training given by above mentioned manufacturers and others. - manage and engage an on premises rebuilding staff that brings experience from Steinway, Baldwin, Yamaha, Bosendorfer, PTG, and many other sources.

- Master Series speaker at Mason & Hamlin factory training - Guest lecturer at Philadelphia area music schools on acoustic piano - Board member to several Philadelphia area non profit music organizations - Chosen by CNN as an expert and interviewed live on their news program, to see this visit www.cunninghampiano.com/press/

For more information on past and present clients, please visit my company's website: www.cunninghampiano.com