Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Early 20th century Walters piano co ( Harmony) piano

Question
I have a early 20 th century piano  made by the Walters Piano Co I was wondering what year it was made and if I restored it how much would it affect the value of the piano
Serial #34770

Answer
Hi Matt,

Your piano was manufactured in 1904. You don't say what kind of piano this is, upright or grand, but in either case, restoring a piano can be very expensive. Unless the brand is Steinway, Mason & Hamlin, or another high-end brand, the cost of restoring usually exceeds the value of the instrument after the work is done. I would only recommend this kind of work if the piano has sentimental value. Have a technician visually inspect your piano and provide you with an estimate. You can get a referral from the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel