Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Behning & Sons Piano questions

Clegs wrote at 2015-06-24 13:36:18
The company was founded in 1861, and piano serial numbers start at 1 and go up sequentially. Therefore, a serial number in the 30,000s being 1861 is not possible. I would suggest a date closer to 1910. I have a Behning with a serial # of 28236 that is dated right around 1900. The best place to get piano ages from is a book ncalled the Pierce Piano Atlas. The author has made it his full-time business to research piano ages and compile all the info on every brand he can find, including serial number registrys and their asociated age.  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology