Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Pianos age

Hello. I have a Kohler & Chase uprite. How do find the serial # & hence the age? Thank-you for your help.

I've never looked for a serial number on my piano, but it's probably either under the keyboard or on the back frame, on either side at the top.  In many cases, you can find the age in the Blue Book of Pianos. It is online. Many--but not all-companies have information on the age or year of manufacture of their pianos. With the serial number, you can get the production date.  If you can't find the age in the Blue Book, check with a piano technician.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology