Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/rudolph pianos Ser # 96387

Question
Hi Samuel

i have a rudolph piano Ser # 96387 , it also has a sticker on the bottom from: National Association of Music Merchants with a # a61951 might you know what this # means?
I am trying to find a place that will have an estimated year/value for the fine peace of art, any suggestions would help

Thank You
Bill

Answer
Hi Bill,

Your Rudolf (also produced as Rudolph) was manufactured in 1929. NAMM is probably the best place to answer your question about its serial number. You can contact them at http://www.namm.org.

As for the value of an instrument, a technician would have to visually examine it and assess the actual condition of the piano and know the local market in your area. The value as "a fine piece of art" would be outside the expertise of most technicians. An art dealer or a dealer in antiques would be better suited for this kind of appraisal. NAMM might be able to guide you to an expert in that field. If you want to know the fair market value of the instrument, contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org) for a referral. Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel