Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Parts for a Jasper American J33877

HI Ralph,

I was wanting to see if you might know where I could purchase a piano leg for a Jasper American. I would also like to know when it was manufactured if you have access to that information? Thanks in advance for any information you might have available.

Hi Ron:

First the leg...can you send me a picture please. I'll search my suppliers for you.

Second: year of manufacture...The piano was made in 1989 as part of the Kimball organization.

So let's take a look at that leg. However, I'm most certain you will not find a match...anywhere. The furniture part of the piano was made in the factory as OEM...original equipment manufacturer. A leg would not be a part that would normally come from either the original manufacturer or a supply house.

You could however change both legs...assuming this is a console. And, if the leg is the "screw in" type. If the leg looks to be glued in sold from the front, side and back...we're in for a project!

When I run across a "leg" problem, I just repair what is there and have my finish guy match the colors on the repair to the existing  furniture.

OK...let me know how you do.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti

I am a Registered/tested member of the Piano Technicians Guild (RPT) with 49 years of experience in all phases and levels of the acoustic piano. I will answer any questions regarding acoustic pianos only. All questions and answers are to remain public. Please to not include sensitive material! If they are marked private, I will change them to public. My answers may be of assistance to others. If privacy is an issue, please contact me through my web site: Electronic keyboards, organs, and player/reproducing piano mechanisms are outside of my expertise. Anything to do with: Construction, Service, Tuning, Climate Control Systems, Piano Disc, Purchasing, Selling, Insurance Appraisal, Rebuilding, Repairs, Legal issues, Maintenance, Environmental issues, Finish issues with acoustic pianos. My full resume can be found at: You can like us on Facebook at:

In business since 1964, Extensive Rebuilding/Repair/Service facility. A certified, tested, member of the Piano Technicians Guild, Member of the Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. Have performed piano service on Concert Stage, Recording Studios, and in the home. Http:// The shop's work comes from all over the world from private clients or other techncians.

The Piano Technicians Guild, Master Piano Technicians of America, Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. (TASA), IAPBT. The Piano Technicians Guild is the only organization in the US that offers a certification test to become Registered. There are no "factory authorized techncians".

The Piano Technicians Journal

Attented Temple University, Drexel University, Philadelphia Community college all in the areas of engineering and Music. I taught a two semester course in Piano Technology and the related acoustical physics at Temple University. I have taught extensively for the Piano Technicians Guild and the Master Piano Technicians of America.

Service Award for the Rose Tree Media School District in Pennsylvania. Chapter Award from the Philadelphia Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild.

The list is rather extensive. I would suggest you go where there is a comprehensive list of clients past and present.