Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Piano

Question
I have an upright piano that has chas. f. Netzow mfg. co. on the inside. It also is marked with the # 32357 on it. It appears very old to me and I was wondering about an approx. age and weather it has any value or not. Thank you very much for your time.

Answer
Hi Lora,

Your Netzow upright was manufactured in 1910. As for its value, a visual inspection would be necessary to ascertain its actual condition. Have a technician service your piano and provide an appraisal of its fair market value. Most instruments of this vintage had a life expectancy of about 100 years so most dealers assign a $0 value unless they are in remarkable condition or reconditioned. If you need a referral for a technician, contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel