Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Price and Teeple piano

I was just given a Price and Teeple piano, serial number 62273.  Can you tell me what year this piano was made?  Is this brand of piano considered good quality?

Hi Cheryl,

Your Price and Teeple was manufactured in 1920. This brand was not at the same tier as Steinway and Mason & Hamlin, but it was good in its day. Almost everything made in this time period was of quality; the technology to make junk did not yet exist!

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel

I am a contracted piano technician for Steinway and Sons in New York handling warranty issues, prepping pianos for the showroom and delivery; I also serve the City University of NY as a piano technician. I am also self-employed in New York. I apprenticed (Manhattan School of Music)in 1982 and was factory (Steinway) trained in 1983. I have experience tuning, repairing, reconditioning, and appraisals. Please note that appraising an instrument involves a visual inspection and knowledge of the local market area. I am not an expert in player mechanisms, refinishing, electronic keyboards, midi, nor organs. I love the work of making an instrument sound concert quality.

I successfully apprenticed at the Manhattan School of Music under Alan Buchman and Peter Favant in 1982 (also received B.A. in music from same school) and employed by Steinway and Sons in 1983 as a tuner-technician. I also served as service manager for Steinway. Presently, I service pianos for CUNY and I handle warranty issues and tunings for Steinway.

The Piano Technicians Guild, New York Chapter

Manhattan School of Music, BA; American Management Association certificate (Steinway and Sons); Queens College, CUNY, MA