Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Modello Player Piano

Question
I am inheriting my grandmother's Modello - Serial Number 86772.

Do you know what year that is?  It is in rough playing shape, but it's beautiful.  So we are interested in restoring it, realizing that it will probably cost more than it's worth - but we love the piano.  

Knowing what year it is would be helpful.

Thanks,

Answer
Modello Player Pianos were made by Baldwin, which is a leading company.  These pianos are described as having "genuine merit."  I checked the Blue Book of Pianos but could not find any serial number information.  If you want to restore it, you'll need to consult a piano technician.  Restoration will depend on the condition of the piano and what parts of it may need attention.  Considering the reputation of the Baldwin company and the quality of these pianos, I'd say that they are well worth restoring.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling