Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/piano STECK

Question
Hello,
I have got a piano STECK, it is very old, serial No is: 34332
Would you happen to have a guess at how old it might be?

Thank you  so much,

Alena

Answer
This piano was made by the George Steck Piano Company.  The company was started in East Rochester, NY in 1857.  It is a high quality piano.  The company won First Place in tone, design, and detail at the Vienna Exposition in 1873.  To give you an idea of the prices, vertical pianos range from from $3,512 (C 12F, 44") to $3,944 (U 32F, 52").  Grand pianos range from $6,186 (GS42, 4'8") to $26,994 (GS278, 9'2").  Each, of course, would depend on condition.
   In terms of age, serial number 34,332 would be between 1900 and 1910.  (1900=22,400; 1910=43,000).  It could be around 1905 or somewhat later.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling