Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Age of Conway Piano

Question
I have a Conway Piano, Boston, Serial Number 70293. Would you please tell me the age of this piano and how to sell or dispose of it?

Thank you,
Lisa

Answer
Hi Lisa,

Your Conway was manufactured in 1920 based on the serial number provided. There are a number of ways to sell or dispose of a piano. The first step is to ascertain the actual condition of instrument by having it professionally evaluated. If it is still in good working order, you can donate the piano to a charitable organization for a tax write-off. You can also sell it by placing fliers at supermarkets, laundromats, libraries, schools, churches, colleges, etc. where folks may be able to see your ad. You can also try Craigslist, Ebay, or your local newspaper's classifieds. Your own technician may know of someone who might be interested in your piano. If you need a recommendation in your area, contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel