Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Behning & Son Piano

Question
Seriel #
Seriel #  

Behning & Son NY
Behning & Son NY  
I am looking for an age on my mother's piano. The serial # is 23806. It was bought for her by her grandfather when she was a child and grew up playing it with her mother. If you can send me any info on this piano please do so. I am attaching pictures of it as well. Thank you in advance.
Diana

Answer
The Behning Company was established in New York in 1861.  They made high quality pianos, with elegant cabinets, exquisite craftsmanship, and durability.  The Blue Book of Pianos (which is online) links the serial numbers with the (approximite) age, yet I couldn't find serial numbers for Behning.  Companies don't always list their serial numbers.  You should have a piano technician look at it to check the condition.  He or she could probably give you an age.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling