Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Behning & Son Piano

Seriel #
Seriel #  

Behning & Son NY
Behning & Son NY  
I am looking for an age on my mother's piano. The serial # is 23806. It was bought for her by her grandfather when she was a child and grew up playing it with her mother. If you can send me any info on this piano please do so. I am attaching pictures of it as well. Thank you in advance.

The Behning Company was established in New York in 1861.  They made high quality pianos, with elegant cabinets, exquisite craftsmanship, and durability.  The Blue Book of Pianos (which is online) links the serial numbers with the (approximite) age, yet I couldn't find serial numbers for Behning.  Companies don't always list their serial numbers.  You should have a piano technician look at it to check the condition.  He or she could probably give you an age.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology