Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Cable-Nelson Piano

Question
Hi, i have a Cable-Nelson Upright Grand Piano 58" serial number 71552. Do you Know how old is it? Im from Durango, Mexico, Thanks.

Answer
First of all, let me say that Cable-Nelson is a great piano.  I have one myself and it is about the best that I have played.  I have a spinet.
    With the serial number 71552, it looks like it must be prior to 1950 (which was #221,000).  The company was formed in 1903, so it'd be between 1903-1950.  I wish I could give you a closer number, but the Blue Book of Pianos for Cable-Nelson starts at 1950 with their serial numbers.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling