Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Cable-Nelson Piano

Hi, i have a Cable-Nelson Upright Grand Piano 58" serial number 71552. Do you Know how old is it? Im from Durango, Mexico, Thanks.

First of all, let me say that Cable-Nelson is a great piano.  I have one myself and it is about the best that I have played.  I have a spinet.
    With the serial number 71552, it looks like it must be prior to 1950 (which was #221,000).  The company was formed in 1903, so it'd be between 1903-1950.  I wish I could give you a closer number, but the Blue Book of Pianos for Cable-Nelson starts at 1950 with their serial numbers.  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology