Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Hobart M Cable

Question
Hello!

I have a vertical light brown Hobart M Cable piano with serial number 65232. It is in good condition and has a matching bench. I was wondering if you could give me any info on this and maybe an estimated range of value. I don't have any pictures uploaded yet. I also realize that I will need to have it looked at to get an exact answer. Just trying to get a head start on this.
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Abbie,

The serial number provides information on the year of manufacture which is 1921. But without seeing the instrument it would be a shot in the dark. Generally speaking, pianos of this vintage last about 100 years. Most dealers would assign a $0 value to something similar unless it were rebuilt, reconditioned, or in pristine condition. Vintage pianos can fetch a few hundred dollars if they are in working condition. Your best bet is to have your technician evaluate the instrument and its value in your local area. If you need a referral, contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel