Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Woodward Cabinet Grand SN 25777

Question
What is the age?
It is not in good condition, needs to be taken apart to get it out of the basement because it does not fit up the stairs(been there a long time).  Can it be taken apart.  If it was to be restored at what price would the restoration price start and end. Is it worth it?

Answer
Hi Ellen,

There were three brands with the name "Woodward" so I'm not sure what you have. Most likely, you have an instrument that is already past its useful life and not worth restoring unless it has sentimental value to you. Figure that the costs can range in the thousands, even close to $10,000 and then be worth only a fraction of the investment once the work is done. Parts are very expensive as is labor.

A professional mover can disassemble the instrument and cart it away. You can get referrals from the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org) or your local dealer can refer you as well.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel