Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Wurlitzer Piano Age Estimate?

Question
QUESTION: Hi, can you help me identify how old this piano is?
The front says Melville Clark but on the inside it says Wurlitzer Model #1660 Serial #1207750. It's a brown upright (Spinet?) piano.

ANSWER: Hi Robert:

This piano was made in 1972.

Clark was a name controlled by Wurlitzer.

I hope that helps!

QUESTION: Hi, sorry to bother. Is there any way you could give me a rough estimate as to the price value of this piano? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Robert...

No trouble...that's why I'm here.

You put a question mark after the work spinet...which means we're not sure.

The work spinet is a misnomer. The piano is labeled for the action configuration. In a "spinet", the action goes below the level of the back of the key..."drop action" piano.

These pianos were made to look like a true spinet which was a forerunner of the modern console and looked like a desk when closed. These "spinet" pianos are short.

The next level up would be the console where the action sits atop the back of the keys.

If this is a spinet in really good shape, it could be valued anywhere from 9-1100.00 USD.

If its a console in the same supposed good shape up to 1500.00.

If you open the lid and take the front board off...just a couple of clips...rather apparent, you can either try to determine the configuration yourself or take and send me a picture and I'll do it for you.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti