Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Cabel-Nelson Piano

Question
Hello,

I have a Cable-Nelson serial #36042 Upright Grand stamped Chicago on the front. Could you tell me a little more about what year this was made? And about what the value of it might be?

Kindly,
Ryann

Answer
Hi Ryann,

Your Cable-Nelson upright was manufactured in 1905. To appraise the value of an instrument requires a visual inspection of it so I can't really tell you the value of your piano. Most pianos of this vintage are assigned a $0 value by dealers in my area unless they are in remarkable condition or have been reconditioned and/or rebuilt. A private seller can usually fetch a few hundred dollars if the piano is functional. There are exceptions of course. Have a technician examine your piano and appraise it based on its actual condition and your local market. You can get a referral from the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org).

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel