Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Henning New York Piano

Product number?
Product number?  

I have a Henning New York Piano was purchased In 1992. There's a number 112 engraved in it, I was wondering when it was manufactured and if it is worth any thing?

Hi Michael,

The "112" is not the serial number; it is a case number. The actual serial number will be on the cast iron plate above the strings. Based on the pictures, the piano is at least 100 years old and most dealers in my area would assign a $0 value to a similar model unless it was reconditioned or in extraordinary condition. Pianos of this vintage are well-past their expected useful lifespans. A private seller can usually fetch a few hundred dollars if the instrument is working.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel

I am a contracted piano technician for Steinway and Sons in New York handling warranty issues, prepping pianos for the showroom and delivery; I also serve the City University of NY as a piano technician. I am also self-employed in New York. I apprenticed (Manhattan School of Music)in 1982 and was factory (Steinway) trained in 1983. I have experience tuning, repairing, reconditioning, and appraisals. Please note that appraising an instrument involves a visual inspection and knowledge of the local market area. I am not an expert in player mechanisms, refinishing, electronic keyboards, midi, nor organs. I love the work of making an instrument sound concert quality.

I successfully apprenticed at the Manhattan School of Music under Alan Buchman and Peter Favant in 1982 (also received B.A. in music from same school) and employed by Steinway and Sons in 1983 as a tuner-technician. I also served as service manager for Steinway. Presently, I service pianos for CUNY and I handle warranty issues and tunings for Steinway.

The Piano Technicians Guild, New York Chapter

Manhattan School of Music, BA; American Management Association certificate (Steinway and Sons); Queens College, CUNY, MA