Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Henning New York Piano

Question
Product number?
Product number?  

Condition
Condition  
I have a Henning New York Piano was purchased In 1992. There's a number 112 engraved in it, I was wondering when it was manufactured and if it is worth any thing?

Answer
Hi Michael,

The "112" is not the serial number; it is a case number. The actual serial number will be on the cast iron plate above the strings. Based on the pictures, the piano is at least 100 years old and most dealers in my area would assign a $0 value to a similar model unless it was reconditioned or in extraordinary condition. Pianos of this vintage are well-past their expected useful lifespans. A private seller can usually fetch a few hundred dollars if the instrument is working.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel