Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Piano

Question
Piano
Piano  
Do you know what  kind of piano is this one
Brand, serial number, price

Answer
Looking at the style of your piano case, I'd say it is around 1910-1915. It could be from the 1890s.

Lift up the top lid and look down to the right.  On the brass-colored iron plate, you should see the manufacturer's name in big letters.

Then look to the left toward the middle.  You should find a four-, five-, or six-digit number.

Take pictures of that information and send them to me: dr.robertseeley@yahoo.com.

I will search at mbsi.org in the Music Trade Review to see what information is available there.

In addition, you may find information by Googling or Yahooing. Do both.  There are antique piano shops on line that may have a vintage catalog, and you can find images and information about how your piano was made. Your vintage piano has a story to tell you.

Let me know what you find out.  It is a beautiful piano.  Once you find out its name and number, you should post a video of someone playing it and show its insides on Youtube.

I love my 1921 Adam Schaaf piano, more so since I have researched its history and worked on it to improve its sound and responsiveness.

Good Luck.  rjs

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Robert James Seeley