Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Age and value

Question
I have a Monarch upright piano. The serial number is 66148.  It is 54" tall in what appears to be a mahogany or dark walnut finish.  Can you tell me the age of the piano?  Also a ballpark idea of what the value range?  The charts and books I have found do not include this number.  
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brenda

Answer
Hi Brenda,

Your Monarch upright was manufactured in 1911. As for its value, I would need to visually inspect the instrument. In my local area, New York, dealers usually assign a $0 value to similar instruments of this vintage unless they are in extraordinary condition or have been reconditioned. Private sellers can usually fetch a few hundred dollars for similar instruments. Have a technician visually inspect your piano so that you can have a better idea of its actual value in your local area. If you need a referral, contact the Piano Technicians Guild (ww.ptg.org).

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel