Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Conway Player Piano Boston Serial# 82158

I was wondering if you could please tell me the year of assembly and also what the instrument might be worth  in good condition???

Thank You Kind Sir...

Hi Andrew:

Your piano was made in 1924 in the midst of the player piano craze.

If this piano is in original condition, that is never rebuilt...there are issues by default as a result of age.

Rubber tubing (if any) is dry, sometimes the tubing is lead,  leather pouches are decayed and dry, bellows and bellows cloth certainly need replacement, etc.

Add to that the fact that it is a player and not a reproducer (players do just back, and reproducers create dynamic changes...volume, etc), and the player/reproducer market has virtually vanished, the value of your piano, I fear, is all but gone.

If you are looking to sell, perhaps you may want to visit the AMICA web site. That's the automatic musical instrument collectors association.

Someone there may have some interest.

I hope that helped.  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti

I am a Registered/tested member of the Piano Technicians Guild (RPT) with 49 years of experience in all phases and levels of the acoustic piano. I will answer any questions regarding acoustic pianos only. All questions and answers are to remain public. Please to not include sensitive material! If they are marked private, I will change them to public. My answers may be of assistance to others. If privacy is an issue, please contact me through my web site: Electronic keyboards, organs, and player/reproducing piano mechanisms are outside of my expertise. Anything to do with: Construction, Service, Tuning, Climate Control Systems, Piano Disc, Purchasing, Selling, Insurance Appraisal, Rebuilding, Repairs, Legal issues, Maintenance, Environmental issues, Finish issues with acoustic pianos. My full resume can be found at: You can like us on Facebook at:

In business since 1964, Extensive Rebuilding/Repair/Service facility. A certified, tested, member of the Piano Technicians Guild, Member of the Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. Have performed piano service on Concert Stage, Recording Studios, and in the home. Http:// The shop's work comes from all over the world from private clients or other techncians.

The Piano Technicians Guild, Master Piano Technicians of America, Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. (TASA), IAPBT. The Piano Technicians Guild is the only organization in the US that offers a certification test to become Registered. There are no "factory authorized techncians".

The Piano Technicians Journal

Attented Temple University, Drexel University, Philadelphia Community college all in the areas of engineering and Music. I taught a two semester course in Piano Technology and the related acoustical physics at Temple University. I have taught extensively for the Piano Technicians Guild and the Master Piano Technicians of America.

Service Award for the Rose Tree Media School District in Pennsylvania. Chapter Award from the Philadelphia Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild.

The list is rather extensive. I would suggest you go where there is a comprehensive list of clients past and present.