Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/lowrey piano

Question
QUESTION: I have a lowrey piano and found the number 52151 on it and cant find any information on it. can you please tell me a little about it? also I measured it to be 37 inchis tall and 56 inchis side. it is a vertical piano. please help me.

ANSWER: Hi Kyle:

Lowrey was started by C.M.I. in 1963 when they purchased Lowrey Organ and Story & Clark pianos.

In 1969 they relocated to Asheville, N.C.

The Lowrey pianos are numbered in succession with Story & Clark after 1969.

This might make more sense if the serial number were 6 digits.

Are you certain about this number?

QUESTION: Yes I am pretty sure this is the only number on the piano. If you want I can try to attach a picture of the number

ANSWER: OK Kyle...

I'll take that picture.

Outside of the furniture and inside of the number and name on the steel plate.

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Lowery
Lowery  
QUESTION: Here is the picture

Answer
Nice Job!

OK...here's my problem:

That number is 1915 before any affiliation with Story and Clark.

CMI which started Lowrey did so in 1963.

I'm thinking there is a number covered up by the steel plate.

In 1963, the numbers were 6 digits and started with a 3.

So let's try this: If you can take a picture of the full front view, the style of furniture may help me place that missing digit!  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti