Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/an old Henry Herbert

Question
piano face
piano face  
Hi there,
I have my grandmothers piano - an upright Henry Herbert- and she was the only one who knew the history of it. We would like to try and figure out how old it is but there doesn't seem to be any markings on it. There is a number on the back left side ( if you are looking straight at it from the front) and it is 63985. We have tried to research it but to no avail as of yet. I just want to make sure that if we get it tuned, we have enough information about it.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Answer
Hi Jennifer,

Your Henry Herbert console was manufactured in 1945 by the Mason & Risch. The factory was located in Toronto, Canada.

Your tuner-technician will ask you when was the last time the piano was serviced. If it has not been maintained, it may require additional service to get it working and sounding properly and that would determine the price of the service call. If you need a referral, you can contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel