Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Piano for youth

Question

What music materials, like method books or anything helpful, would you recommend for piano students ages 8, 11, and 13?

Also, what materials would you suggest they use after the pass the beginning stages and become more intermediate or advanced on the instrument?

Is there anything else that is good for new pianists to know that might come in handy?

Thank you!

Answer
What I'd look for are books that are apropos for those ages; for example, books that are colorful and "fun" looking. Piano books are graded, but I think it is significant to make the materials attractive, but also to gear the music toward the music the student listen to and enjoy.  In teaching piano, it is helpful to be creative.

Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling