Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Piano for youth

What music materials, like method books or anything helpful, would you recommend for piano students ages 8, 11, and 13?

Also, what materials would you suggest they use after the pass the beginning stages and become more intermediate or advanced on the instrument?

Is there anything else that is good for new pianists to know that might come in handy?

Thank you!

What I'd look for are books that are apropos for those ages; for example, books that are colorful and "fun" looking. Piano books are graded, but I think it is significant to make the materials attractive, but also to gear the music toward the music the student listen to and enjoy.  In teaching piano, it is helpful to be creative.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology