Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Information about my Lowrey Piano

Question
QUESTION: I have a Lowrey piano about 38 inches tall.. The serial number is 260072 and has "Scale by Charles Federick Stein" on the right side above the tuning wall.
I have looked on the piano blue book site and can not find this serial number.
Can you help me with the year it was made and any other information you can supply?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Noel Evans

ANSWER: Hi Noel:

Lowrey was started in 1963 by C.M.I industries when they bought and manufactured Story and Clark and after that Lowrey pianos had the same numbering as Story and Clark.

You piano came before the Story and Clark acquisition.

In Ashville where they manufactured Story and Clark, Lowery, and Ashville pianos, they kept no running record of serial numbers until 1969.

As close as we can get, and I think it safe to say, your piano came between 1963 and 1969.

Charles Fredrick Stein was a scale designer who designed scales for pianos of different manufacture.

I hope that helped somewhat.

QUESTION: Great!! Thanks for the help! Is this considered a vertical piano?
What would you think this piano is worth? It's in very good condition with only a few blemishes on the wood legs.
Thanks again for all your help!
Have a blessed day!
Noel Evans

Answer
Hi...

Yes it is a 'vertical' piano and at that height might be a console.

A console is one where the action sits atop the keys, and a spinet is one where the action is low and behind the keys.

If you are not sure, open the piano and take a picture of the keys and the action.

Get that to me and we'll work from there.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti