Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Kurtzmann 1917 upright historical value

Question
1917 Kurtzmann
1917 Kurtzmann  
How can I find the approx top value over last 25 yrs, if good condition, of upright Kurtzmann 1917 #63555 piano? Needed to recover funds from someone who took advantage of elderly relative claiming piano worth suspected highly overinflated $40,000! Nobody local seems to know. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Monica,

I can't appraise an instrument sight unseen, however it is highly unlikely that the piano in question is worth anywhere $40,000. Similar pianos fetch in the hundreds. $1000 would be the top end if the piano has had work done.

Have a qualified piano technician visually examine this instrument. If you need a referral, you can contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel